[svlug] Victory is sweet...

Wayne Earl wayne at qconcepts.net
Tue Jul 24 12:12:01 PDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ian Kluft wrote:
> Wayne... It's OK to celebrate winning a battle even if the outcome of the
> war is not determined.  In fact, that's probably the only way to sustain
> everyone's morale (including your own) to keep going forward for more of
> this.
>
> Keep things in perspective and don't feel guilty about celebrating
> yesterday's victory.

Of course. My comments were not to take away from yesterday's protest
efforts; they were important first steps. My comments were intended to put
yesterday's protest in the context of the whole picture of things.

My original idea still stands: As a group, we are among the most wealthy
in the country. As a group, we state that freedom is something very
important to us. Yet, as a group, we are entirely ineffective in turning
our economic power into political power.

--
Wayne Earl <wayne at qconcepts.net>
http://www.qconcepts.net