[svlug] protest turnouts

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Tue Jul 24 11:21:02 PDT 2001

I've been glancing through some of the protest reports from around the
country on the free-sklyarov list archive...
   http://zork.net/pipermail/free-sklyarov/2001-July/thread.html

Here in San Jose, where we were needed to do well because Adobe's
headquarters is here, we came through.  After looking at the numbers,
we had the largest protest of any numbers I've seen so far.  I'm kind of
surprised at how we stacked up compared with larger cities.  But then
again, this is something Silicon Valley does well.  Here are some of
the numbers I saw...

San Jose       100-120
Seattle             40
New York City       30
Chicago             20
Austin, TX          20
Reno                11
Los Angeles         10

Numbers weren't mentioned but were implied as small groups in Salt Lake City
and St Paul.

I haven't seen the numbers from Moscow.  My guess is that depends on who
the organizers are and could easily be the largest protest.