[svlug] request: which notebook to buy?

Stephen R. Savitzky steve at theStarport.org
Sun Jul 22 21:00:01 PDT 2001

"Daevid Vincent" <DayWalker at TheMatrix.com> writes:

> I'm wanting to get a notebook computer in the <$1500 range if possible that
> I can dual boot Linux on. I'd like it to be fairly hassle free to install
> RH7.1 on, with full support of all the major notebook features, especially
> resolution, OpenGL, Ethernet, Modem, USB, APM, Audio.

My group at work recently bought a laptop from Dell with Linux (RH7.0; I
understand they're now shipping 7.1) pre-installed.  I particularly
liked the fact that it has both trackpoint and touchpad for the mouse.

--
 /   Steve Savitzky   \ 1997 Pegasus Award winner: best science song--+  \
/ <steve at theStarport.org>      http://theStarport.com/people/steve/   V   \