[svlug] PPTP?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jul 21 18:13:02 PDT 2001

begin harpo at udlug.org quotation:

> Learn some people skills.  Or do you work as a consultant solely
> because when you're an arrogant jerk to someone you don't get fired,
> you just don't get your contract renewed?

I sure as hell don't want either of the people who've posted to this thread
as clients -- most particularly not _you_.  Not worth the hassle of
dealing with officious, passive-agressive idiots.  Not at any billing
rate.

> In other words,  no,  you don't have any better VPN suggestions,  nor
> have you found a way around the problems I mentioned with ALL of the
> alternatives.

I most certainly have no VPN suggestions to offer _you_.

For my own personal needs, I find ssh does everything worth doing.
Usually, either of the two customary meanings of the term "VPN" (which I
won't detail here, because I don't have the time to waste on you)
attempt to solve dumb-ass problems like "How do I make two
IP-encapsulated SMB networks mutually browseable?"  Not interested in
doing that, thanks:  Just give me ssh/scp.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,