[svlug] Dmitry Sklyarov demonstration is ON, thank you very much

Dan Martinez dfm at area.com
Sat Jul 21 12:02:01 PDT 2001

Rick wrote:

> To misquote Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a large
> demonstration."
>
> [SNIP!]
>
> I take it from your post that you will not be joining us. Too bad
> for you.

For what it's worth, Monday was supposed to be Adobe's "Take Our
Daughters To Work" day. It was abruptly cancelled, without explanation
save reference to "circumstances beyond our control", late Friday
afternoon. I don't KNOW for a fact that this was done in anticipation
of having a raft of protestors on the front steps, but the timing is
certainly suggestive.

It would seem they're expecting us. It'd be a shame to disappoint
them.

Speaking of a "PR nightmare", I assume someone's alerted the press to
this impending event?

Dan