[svlug] Re: Dmitry Sklyarov demonstration is ON, thank you very much

Felipe Leme felipeal at iname.com
Sat Jul 21 08:42:02 PDT 2001

Sorry, I should have ended the email with: We are still going, aren't we? :)

By speaking of boycotting adobe and breaking the pdf pages (which seems
to be the cause of the polemic), there is a popular GPLed unix pdf
reader (which the name I won't mention because I don't want to be
accused of allerting Adobe about that :)  that allows you to bypass some
(or maybe all) of the document's restrictions (most of them are coded
under a  #ifndef NO_DECRYPTION statement). I don't know if that works
with all documents (maybe it doesn't with the new ones), but at least I
could finally print some pdf manuals... (in my consumer/engineer mind,
if I can read a document, I should be able to print it and/or convert it
to ASCII).

Felipe