[svlug] Dmitry Sklyarov demonstration is ON, thank you very much

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 20 23:09:01 PDT 2001

begin Felipe Leme quotation:
> Looks like it was put on hold:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/20/2045220&mode=nested

To misquote Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a large
demonstration."

I hope that the executive staff of Adobe Systems, Inc. listen to the
better angels of their nature, and are able to show by 11 AM Monday the
fax they sent to the U.S. Attorney General's office, withdrawing their
complaint against Dmitry Sklyarov and requesting that all charges be
dropped immediately.  That would be truly delightful, and would inspire
the very large crowd I expect to be part of on Monday to walk over to
Adobe HQ and give them three very loud, friendly cheers.

On the other hand...

In the event that Adobe just wants to _talk_, to offer words of
sympathy, and to express regret that it cannot / will not take
substantive and appropriate action -- or says it "hears our views, and
is always interested in hearing feedback -- then we will have had from
now until 11 AM Monday morning to prepare a rousing, creative gathering
that generates a genuine PR nightmare for Adobe, and serves as the
rallying cry for a long-term campaign against them and similar
miscreants.

Frankly, I think the latter is much more likely, and my planning will be
based on that assumption.

I take it from your post that you will not be joining us.  Too bad for
you.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,