[svlug] PPTP?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 20 20:58:01 PDT 2001

begin Jose Medeiros quotation:

> He mentioned he was using a Nortel Box and when using there client on
> a Windows box it offers 168 bit 3des encryption ( Just like the Cisco
> VPN Client ).

That would removes the inevitability of 40-bit ceilings on keysizes.
but all the other design flaws remain.  You cannot use PPTP if you care
about security.

> However there is not a VPN client for Linux available as far as I can
> tell, and that is why he is using PPTP.

There is plenty of real VPN software available for Linux.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers