[svlug] PPTP?

Jose Medeiros cobra at jps.net
Fri Jul 20 20:43:01 PDT 2001

Actually Rick ..

He mentioned he was using a Nortel Box and when using there client on a
Windows
box it offers 168 bit 3des encryption ( Just like the Cisco VPN Client ).

 However there is not a VPN client for Linux available as far as I can tell,
and that is why he is using PPTP.

Your idea to use SSH with port redirect is probably best since it offers
 128 bit encryption.

Cheers..

" Not to bad for a NT guy and Linux wanabee " :-)

Jose