Free Dmitry Sklyarov demonstration (was: Re: [svlug] Dmitry Sklyarov)

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Jul 20 18:19:01 PDT 2001

Ian Kluft writes:

> I forwarded Seth's message to the Linux user group at work.  One of our
> members outside Boston pointed out that EFF has just asked to put the
> protests "on hold" (not "cancelled") since Adobe has agreed to talk with
> EFF.  http://www.eff.org/ has a brief mention of it.  I didn't see any
> change to the alert page when I checked it.
>
> Though I couldn't find an online confirmation, he said that not all local
> EFF chapters agree with the hold and some are proceeding with the protest
> anyway.  I'll go with the local chapter's decision since this is where
> Adobe's headquarters is.  If they hold the protest, it needs to be have
> attendance to make its point.

The EFF's decision is to postpone its call for protests; some other
organizations have decided to continue their sponsorship of protests
(at the same times and places originally announced).

You can find out more than you ever wanted to know about this
situation at

http://zork.net/pipermail/free-sklyarov/

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I