Free Dmitry Sklyarov demonstration (was: Re: [svlug] Dmitry Sklyarov)

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Fri Jul 20 15:56:01 PDT 2001

>From: Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
>I am going to the snake sculpture, in downtown San Jose at the
>corner of S. Market St. and W. San Carlos St., at 11:00 AM on Monday.

OK, then I'll be there too.

>Lots of other people are going to be there too. Please join us.
>You can ride light rail to the Convention Center stop, or park at
>the Convention Center.

The Paseo de San Antonio light rail station (in the "Transit Mall" area)
is also as close by.  It's on the other side of the Fairmont Hotel and
Knight Ridder Building from the Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park.  Just walk
between the two buildings and through the palm tree ring (the historical
monument for the site of California's first state capitol) and the park
will be straight ahead across the street.

For those who need to use buses to get there, many of VTA's lines converge
there at the Transit Mall (at the Santa Clara Street or Paseo de San Antonio
stations) including VTA 180 express bus from Fremont BART.

Even though I haven't used a bus in a very long time, I've learned how to
navigate the bus maps & schedules from doing all the meeting directions
for SVLUG and sbay.org, and from the sbay.transportation newsgroup.  If
anyone needs help figuring out how to get there, ask here on the list and
we'll find you a way.