[svlug] DSL Modems - DSL San Francisco?

Greg Herlein gherlein at herlein.com
Thu Jul 19 18:54:02 PDT 2001

FirstWorld - who bought slip.net, who I started with on DSL over
three years ago... has decided to get out of the DSL
business.  They are migrating their customer base to Earthlink.

So.  I now have a fairly good reason to change carriers, and
while I am at it, change my equipment.  Ideally, I'd like to
shift to a linux box with a PCI card DSL modem and do some QoS
filtering and firewalling at the border of my subnets
here.  But...  which DSL modem card to buy?  Which ones have
linux drivers (that are stable)?

A google search turned up a lot of old stuff and no clear picture
of what's supported and what's not.

Comments and ideas welcome - or better, a link to some docs!

Greg