[svlug] procmail stochastic spam filter

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Wed Jul 18 10:59:01 PDT 2001

Hi Jeff.

It actually does a correlation between properties.

The conditions, "* 12345^0 somecondition" are a correlation-12345 is
-10000 * ln (frequency of occurrence of somecondition), so when they
are added, it performs a multiply, and gives the probability that the
various conditions correlate, (actually, its a math trick, so that it
is done in positive integer arithmetic-that's the reason for the
multiply by -10000.)

        John