[svlug] international phone calls
alvin at planet.fef.com
Tue Jul 17 18:35:01 PDT 2001
hi ya svlug'ers
am curious... is anybody using linux to make international
phone calls over the internet ?? ( bypass att/mci/sprint ...
though not really...since they own the fibers...
am looking for..something simple... ( if there is such a thing )
- i do what it takes to be able to place free international phone calls...
- get xyz stuff installed if any...
- use the PC dial keypad and talk w/ headset on linux
- other end pick up the regular phone...
- and we gab for a few or few hours...
- hangup and hope nothing shows up on the ph bills...
- dont want the complication of the other end having ot have the
same hardware/software installed on their PC...
- i want to call their phone...not PC...
- which apps and gateways ?
- which hop-on and hop-off services if any
- am not(?) interested in services from companies we have to pay for the
right to use their hardware/equipment etc...etc..
- those so called $0.01/min - $0.02/min with all kinds of restrictions
- any howto on these issues ??
- found only one good google hit for "linux phone howto"
( haven't tried it yet )
More information about the svlug