[svlug] "tailing" a /dev?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Jul 17 11:44:01 PDT 2001

Problem is if the console server looses power you don't have any logs I
thought?  Was hoping to be able to just have the system create something
like:

/var/adm/console/server[0-9][0-9].log

or such.  I'll look into screen as an option.

Thanks,
  Robert

Thus spake Aaron T Porter (atporter at primate.net):

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>
> >   This process actually works great, I can send breaks, etc and not need
> > grfx or X or any mess incase a box is badly wedged.  The only thing lacking
> > is the ability to grab any output for when I'm not connected to the
> > console.  I can connect another session and leave it open but that's alot
> > of hassle and mess for when I have to break that connection and grab the
> > console.
>
> 	Not exactly what you're looking for, but I've used screen to do
> exactly this.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: