[svlug] Everything get installed no valid boot sector

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at gorilla.it
Tue Jul 17 08:07:01 PDT 2001

On 17 Jul 2001, at 8:55, Mikes work account wrote:

This is a fresh install from SuSE CDs.
If I just could follow 1..4 I would
LILO is automatically run by the SuSE installation process,
anyway I could add param

SuSE install 4 boots
1) Linux the default kernel (could be 2.2 or 2.4 depending on
what you've chosen during setup)
2) Linux ker 2.4 with 4Gb RAM support
3) a misterious linux.suse kernel
4) memtest86

During installation SuSE setup finds the adaptec controller and
is able to write on the HDs but at the first boot the BIOS says
there is no boot to load.

I really don't know from where to start testing lilo parameters,
man lilo wasn't that enlighting.

I'm not using ReiserFS even if I've been able to use it on a DEC
dual processor with same adaptec controller but without RAID
controller...

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at gorilla.it
Webmaster Gorilla.it http://www.gorilla.it
Tel. +39 02 26149225/26149008 Fax. +39 02 26149657
Via d'Apulia 11, 20125 Milano, Italy