[svlug] RAMDisk Bluesy

Alvin Oga alvin at planet.fef.com
Mon Jul 16 19:24:01 PDT 2001

hi ya ivan

i see oyu are having fun....
( its a pain in teh behind )

you need to create yourown ramdisk...with oyurown kernel...
( unless rd_image.gz is currently used on your system and does
( work before having done the flash stuff

the "ramdisk_size" should be the size of the "kernel" + overhead
for the starting point or rd_image.gz
	( something like that

check the mkinitrd file too for more hints
check tomsrtbt files tooo for even more hints

rd_image should be a compressed image of the root fs that
used to run in /dev/ram0 for that lilo stuff to work

mke sure your kernel has the proper support for running ramdisks
and loop device and  related options for /dev/ram

at least you have 30Mb flash...
	- a few months ago i squeezed bash and all the rootfs into 4Mb flash
	that ran in /dev/ram{0,1,2}

have fun
alvin