[svlug] Blinking logon

Rodney Crater rcrater at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 19:18:01 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I have just installed redhat 7.1 but when boot up I get a blinking screen.
It blinks repetitiously about 5 or so times at about a half a second a
blink, stops for a few seconds lets me log i or do other things, (logs into
the prompt even though it is set to x log in) then blinks again ... It does
this cycle a few times then stops, says init id "x" respawning too often and
stops it for 5 minutes. I have a ati compatible agp rage 128 pro II ultra
card w/ 32M mem.

The install did not show an exact match and I have tried a few different
options.

What gets me is the install showed great, good resolution etc but I could
not catch the settings it used.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Rodney Crater