[svlug] (fwd) [OT] FW: MAPS Subscription Policy Changes

Ajay atallam at rtworks.com
Thu Jul 12 23:20:02 PDT 2001

	Yes, it's a forward of a forward.  Don't ya love it?
Alvin: Now you can add another company to your list of predictions!  (a la
'MAPS is going be out of business in x months' (weeks?  whatever..))

The '3rd generation ORBS sites' (as referenced on slashdot), can be linked
off of http://www.dorkslayers.com/ 's site, so I don't need to mention them
here.

As for different approaches to spam filtering, there's the procmail rules
(and Brightmail's product, which seems to be based on them), and other
things that check the content of the msgs (I think, haven't researched much
yet), like http://razor.sourceforge.net/ (Vipul's Razor) and
http://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/dccd-tree/dcc.html

(I assume this to be of broader interest to the SVLUG crowd.  If I'm wrong,
flame me offline, and such things will only be posted to lsec next time.)

	-Ajay

----- Forwarded message from Jim Seymour <jseymour at LinxNet.com> -----