[svlug] It's official: I'm ESR's imaginary friend

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 22:04:02 PDT 2001

begin John Bacalle quotation:

> Well, the only Rick Moen I've ever come accross is you. I saw that post,
> your name mentioned, and as one plus one equals two, I figured he was
> referring to you, actually. Interestingly, whenever I read your name I
> think of Moet champagne. =) Hey, that's a good thing. I like Moet.

I can dream of being promoted to Taitinger's, I hope.  ;->

> Well, if truth be told, whenever I think of you now, since I visited
> your Web site weeks ago, I think of that wild-and-crazy-guy with the
> Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirt lying on what reminds me of a JFK
> airport departure gate area carpet. :-) Pax, Rick.

That, I'll have you know, is a prize-winning shirt:  It won a prize in
the tacky-shirt competition at Conolulu (http://www.maui.net/~tropo/).

I found it in the darkest, most forgotten corner of the clearance room
at Hilo Hattie's factory outlet.  It sat there, pulsating at me,
beckoning to be bought on a dare.

--
Cheers,                       The X11 approach to device independence is
Rick Moen                     to treat everything like a MicroVAX on acid.
rick at linuxmafia.com