[svlug] Lucent WinModem, CAble modem for Laptop

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 21:59:01 PDT 2001

begin  Sanatan Rai quotation:

> I have an IBM thinkpad running Linux (SULinux based on RGH 7.1)
> which has an in built Lucent WinModem.

Are you quite sure it's a Lucent, rather than an IBM MWave?  You didn't
bother to identify either the modem chipset or the model of ThinkPad.
That's unfortunate for you.

> Also, I eventually intend to use a cable-modem connexion with it,
> where do I find the how-to?

Again, your question would be easier to address if it were a good bit
more specific.

--
Cheers,                             Ever wonder why the _same people_
Rick Moen                           make up _all_ the conspiracy theories?
rick at linuxmafia.com