[svlug] laptop linux install query

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 21:56:02 PDT 2001

begin Gordon Vrololjak quotation:

> I have the Linuxcares bootable business card.  I was wondering if
> there was a way I could boot with this, and get rid of grub, keep the
> windows partition, delete what is in the linux partition so I can
> install redhat 7.1?

Of course.

Just boot the Linuxcare BBC.  Then, you can remount in read-write mode
partitions of your choosing onto the running RAMdisk, and then delete or
otherwise slice'n'dice them as you wish.  (The BBC mounts read-only by
default, to lessen the likelihood of mishaps.)

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers