[svlug] Lucent WinModem, CAble modem for Laptop

Sanatan Rai sanat at Stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 12 11:01:01 PDT 2001

Hi all,
I have an IBM thinkpad running Linux (SULinux based on RGH 7.1)
which has an in built Lucent WinModem. For some reason, Linux doesn't see it,
even though it appears in the HW list. Is there something more I nend to t do?
Would someone point me to the appropriate How-to?

Also, I eventually intend to use a cable-modem connexion with it, where do I find the how-to?

Sorry for the mistakes, my terminal diesn doesn't appear to support backspaces or ^H.

Thanbks!

--Sanatan