[svlug] Where to buy used BIGIPs?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 12 00:23:01 PDT 2001

begin William R. Ward quotation:

> (Please word-wrap your lines at or around 72-80 columns.  There are
> still mail programs out there that barf on long lines.)

It's not just mailers:  Consider the effect on list archives.

I have a feeling that people are completely unaware of
messing up the list archives, and will find it instructive to check
them on the Web: http://lists.svlug.org/pipermail/svlug/
There, one observes some list-members making a rather awful mess of it.
Specifically:

Who                           What
---                           ----
Brandon B              Paragraph-long lines.
Wayne Earl             New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Erik Fears             New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Alex Feinberg          New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
jerry at pc-intouch.com   New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Tabinda N. Khan        New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Robert Hajime Lanning  New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Karl F. Larsen         New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
mayssat at hushmail.com   MIME garbage (crypto).
Joe McCabe             MIME garbage (crypto).
Alvin Oga              New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Cameron Palmer         New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Jose Sanchez           MIME garbage, spurious HTML duplicated text.
Karsten M. Self        MIME garbage (crypto).
Ling Su                New-text-before-quoted, failure to prune quoted text.
Brandon Yu             MIME garbage, spurious HTML duplicated text.

It may eventually be necessary for mailing lists' Web archives to
autostrip MIME garbage, given the rise of gnupg-signing, and such.
And the executive-moron quoting style of prepending new text above
the entire un-snipped prior message thread isn't _literally_ destructive
to the list archive, but it is clueless and annoying.  (Really, Wayne.)

But the doubled-message thing with separate HTML & ASCII copies of
everything, delimited by MIME header junk, is ridiculous and should not
be tolerated.  That means YOU, Jose Sanchez and Brandon Yu.  Fix it now.

--
Cheers,    If you hit a man over the head with a fish, he'll have a headache
Rick Moen  for a day.  But, if you teach a man to hit himself over the head