[svlug] Where to sell PC parts in the valley ?

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Wed Jul 11 15:51:01 PDT 2001

Greg Herlein <gherlein at herlein.com> writes:

> > I have lots of parts ranging from external CD-RW to emulex PCI card.
> > Does anybody knows where I can sell those parts.
> > ( I am not an ebay user, and I want cash ;-)
>
> The first Sunday of each month there is a swap meet at Los
> Positas College (gee I hope I remember the college name
> right) out in Livermore.  You pay for a spot, but if you have a
> big enough pile of parts you could more than break even.
>
> I hear that the Foothill swap (at Foothill College on the
> peninsula) is back active.  I don't know the day of month
> though...  I'd like to, since Livermore is a long haul from San
> Francisco.

Foothill starts in March and runs through some time in the fall.
There's a regular flea market (non-tech stuff) the rest of the year.
I did a quick Google search, and found some guy's website
http://www.qsl.net/kf6foz/page1.htm, which says:

Foothill College Ham Radio Swap Meet
Foothill College
12345 El Monte Rd.
Los Altos Hills, CA.
94022
(650) 949-7777
The Swap Meet starts March 11th, 2000. Best time to get there
is early. There is alot of great stuff, but it is best to get
there real early, before 7:00 a.m. This Swap Meet is seasonal
and happens every second saturday of the month. Be sure to bring
$2.00 for parking and try to use the solar powered machines for
your parking stub since the mechanical ones tend to mess up.

Livermore Swap Meet
Las Positas College
3033 Collier Canyon Rd.
Livermore, CA. 94550
Contact Noel Anklam, KC6QZK: (510) 447-3857 Evenings.
Swap meet is all year round. Swap is every first Sunday of the month
and starts at 7:00 am and ends whenever (Usually Around Noon).
Talk in on 147.045 +600 khz (West) and 145.350 -600 (East).

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit at bayview.com)