News sucking was Re: [svlug] Adding hardrive advice .,.

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Jul 11 11:26:01 PDT 2001

At 10:42 AM -0400 7/10/01, David Cornwell wrote:
>I want to add a 30-40 gb disk. No SCSI, to expensive and it's not
>needed. I want to add life to this box so I can read and save my
>large mailing list archives, use slrnspool to suck down and store
>news. I need space in other words. All I want to upgrade is the disk
>storage.

On the news front, might I suggest leafnode instead? It's designed to
handle as many groups as you'd like and you can completely control
the expire times, etc.

It works fine for my connection to several news servers too.

http://www.leafnode.org/
--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com    http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time.... Is infinite time. You... are finite....