[svlug] bash broken?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jul 11 00:53:01 PDT 2001

Mark S Bilk writes:

> This simple little script screws up badly if I type the digit 4
> is no longer executed in subsequent iterations.
>
> Commenting out the "continue" statement prevents the failure.
>
> I'm running SuSE 6.4 -- only a little more than a year old.
> The version of bash is
>     GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release (i386-suse-linux)
>
> I can't believe nobody ever used "continue" with "select"
> and found this bug before version 2.03!  What am I doing wrong?

Confirmed in 2.03.0(1)-release on Debian 2.2; however, the script
works properly under 2.04.0(1)-release on the Linuxcare Bootable
Business Card 1.6.  Unless you can reproduce the bug in
2.04.0(1)-release, or any later version, I don't think you should
report it to the bash maintainers.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I