[svlug] free email encryption - been done before?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Jul 9 09:36:02 PDT 2001

begin Rick Moen quotation of Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 09:18:13AM -0700:

> a) Quit and get a better job

If you can only do HTTP from work and want to send resumes from
your shell account, check out GNU httptunnel.  It encapsulates
any TCP connection in an HTTP connection, so will work through an
application-level proxy.

(PPP over ssh over httptunnel is left as an exercise for those
readers who really want to give the corporate security pigs the
finger.)

http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html
http://www.gnu.org/directory/httptunnel.html

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.