[svlug] XML Defined

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 8 14:08:01 PDT 2001

and it has a FAQ part that's quite interesting! One section titled "Is XML
just like SGML?" the author says that XML is a subset of SGML! He goes on
to say that XML is easier to use than SGML, which is a hard thing to
prove, and in my case not true.

	I now use SGML which this author thinks is too expensive? It's
free with Linux for as long as I can recall. I agree sgml is difficult to
learn. But like html, you learn by doing. This author, Norman Walsh, is
convinced the new tools being written with visual C for Windows will make
XML more useful than SGML. Since sgml2html doesn't work in DOS or Windows
he may be right since most people use Windows.

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di at arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -