[svlug] Michal Ostrowski's PPPoE page

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at gorilla.it
Sun Jul 8 05:35:02 PDT 2001

Does anyone know where I could find any help/further info about PPPoE
support in kernel 2.4?
http://www.shoshin.uwaterloo.ca/~mostrows/ seems unreachable.

I've found http://www.adsl4linux.de; it has a lot of setup examples
but I don't know german and RTFS is currently too much effort for me.

It seems that just copying will work but I would like to understand a
bit of what I'm doing.
Furthermore PPPoE support doesn't seem to need any patch in kernel
2.4.4+ and it has been stablily integrated in the main kernel source.

SuSE help is related to 2.2 kernels + a nano howto for kernel 2.3.
Unless I missed it there is no doc included in kernel 2.4.6
documentation.

TIA

--
avid reader of /usr/src/linux/Documentation/