organizing the event (was: [svlug] Linux 10th anniversary pla ns)

Jose Sanchez jsanchez at CalyxandCorolla.com
Fri Jul 6 09:37:01 PDT 2001

I think if we reserve a site, we'd have at least some control over
who attends (when you reserve a pavilion for a family reunion, random
people don't have some right to come gnosh your goods). If people are
abusing the privilege, we can simply ask them to leave. It's a No
Media Allowed event, period. Someone who shows up and acts like media
gets punted.

I think there should be someone asking for the secret password eg: winsucks
j/k

A policy should probably be determined in advance about alcohol. It's
pretty typical of BBQ's, but I'm not sure what the reg's are about
BBQ's in parks, etc.... if someone does the BYOB thing, do they put
the entire event in danger? Do we need to spring for a cop for the
event, as sometimes is the case? Worth looking into. (not that I care
personally, as I don't drink, but it's something that will come up)

Yes, this is so true. I hate it when people just start talking out their a$%
about how better they are and how their toys are just so much better than
everyone elses. But then again some people don't have to be drunk to be that
way.