[svlug] Linux 10th anniversary plans

Mark C . Langston mark at bitshift.org
Thu Jul 5 16:48:01 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 04:08:25PM -0700, Ian Kluft wrote:
> I didn't see any response to this.  Does anyone know what time of day that
> Taos' Linux 10th anniversary event will be on Aug 25?  It would be nice to
> hear from them so we know we won't schedule a BBQ on top of their event.
> But lacking any response, we should go ahead and schedule something anyway.
> Time is running out to reserve large BBQ areas in city or county parks.
>
> I'm not satisfied with the "we've already got something that day" that
> we've heard so far from Taos.  That's all we've heard.  They can't claim
> the whole day as theirs and expect us to drop the plans we were making.
> We'd like to know what time that day we can schedule a BBQ that won't
> conflict with their event.
>
> So I suggest that we proceed by this weekend whether we get a response from
> Taos or not.  I'll contact everyone who expressed interest earlier as we
> select a location and make plans.

Sorry, I'm on vacation this week.

Due to logistic issues with IDG, we've decided against holding a 10th
Anniversary Linux event as originally planned in conjunction with
LinuxWorld.  We're investigating other possibilities, including
bringing in several speakers from RedHat, but this event would be a
very scaled-back event held apart from LWE.

Please don't let our plans interfere in any way with anything else
anybody wants to do; I never meant to give the impression that we were
claiming the day as "ours".

--
Mark C. Langston
mark at bitshift.org