[svlug] Linux 10th anniversary plans

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Thu Jul 5 16:19:02 PDT 2001

I didn't see any response to this.  Does anyone know what time of day that
Taos' Linux 10th anniversary event will be on Aug 25?  It would be nice to
hear from them so we know we won't schedule a BBQ on top of their event.
But lacking any response, we should go ahead and schedule something anyway.
Time is running out to reserve large BBQ areas in city or county parks.

I'm not satisfied with the "we've already got something that day" that
we've heard so far from Taos.  That's all we've heard.  They can't claim
the whole day as theirs and expect us to drop the plans we were making.
We'd like to know what time that day we can schedule a BBQ that won't
conflict with their event.

So I suggest that we proceed by this weekend whether we get a response from
Taos or not.  I'll contact everyone who expressed interest earlier as we
select a location and make plans.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ   PP-ASEL                              sbay.org coordinator
ikluft(at)thunder.sbay.org   http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/      San Jose, CA