[svlug] How do I build a custom Debian Package Server?

Ivan Passos lists at cyclades.com
Tue Jul 3 12:13:01 PDT 2001

Hello,

OK, here is the plan: I want to create a Debian-based distribution (for
internal use, etc.) with the specific packages I choose. For that reason,
I want to create a Debian package server locally so that the updates _I_
decide to make in the distro are available to the systems using it.

My question is: how do I create a Debian Package Server? Should I get a
currently existing server dir. structure and customize it?? How do I start
this process??

Basically I don't know how the server structure should be, what daemons it
should have ... I'm at a loss. You don't need to give me a recipe
(actually a recipe by itself won't help me, because I want to _understand_
this), pointers to docs explaining how this works would be really
appreciated.

Now, I'll go back to searching the Debian site for clues ... :))

TIA! Later,
Ivan