[svlug] rsync errors

Brian Bilbrey bilbrey at orbdesigns.com
Mon Jul 2 12:07:01 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:43:05AM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:

> I'm getting persistent erratic failures under rsync:
>
>   # rsync --archive --verbose --recursive --devices --delete -e ssh
 [snip]

Which version of SSH are you running? There's an interaction with
rsync and ssh that isn't fixed for OpenSSH until v2.1 and above...

"Finally, OpenSSH 2.1 and above does non-blocking I/O which means
rsync works much better."

http://olstrans.sourceforge.net/release/OLS2000-rsync/OLS2000-rsync.html

May not be your problem, but it fixed mine...

regards,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey :: bilbrey at orbdesigns.com :: www.orbdesigns.com
   "Regulatory science is to science as bear traps are to bears."