[svlug] Login incorrect on FTP & FTP connection time

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jul 2 11:30:01 PDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
Con Tran <chtranlinux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have Linux 7.1 installed:

No, you have <inser_distribution> version 7.1 installed.  You have a
linux (kernel) version in the 2.2.* or 2.4.* range.

> When I do a ftp from another machine, it prompts for a user name
> and password.

> I am very sure I have the user name create at the server and enter
> the correct password, it displays the following message:

Check taht your FTP daemon is not set up for anonymous only.  Also,
what do your system logs report?

>     Any suggestion to speed up this waiting time period.

Fix reverse DNS lookups for your FT server.

J C Lawrence                                             claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                                http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/
I never claimed to be human.