[svlug] Linux 10th anniversary plans

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Sun Jul 1 11:45:02 PDT 2001

If we're going to schedule a BBQ or something for the 10th anniversary of
Linux on Aug 25, time is running out.  I think the ball got dropped when
we heard Taos was already planning something the same day.  Something outdoors
works well this time of year - let's make the reservations at some city or
county park soon.  (Right off the bat, I'd suggest large areas like Santa
Teresa County Park or Alum Rock Park.  But the reservations are for all
Summer are probably already filling up.)

Let's also make sure the schedule doesn't overlap with the Taos event the
same day.  I'll CC Mark Langston at Taos to make sure we can figure out the
schedule.  Mark didn't mention the time of day when he wrote us on April 4,
which is difficult to plan around.  Since the Taos event sounds like an
evening thing, will an afternoon BBQ be able to avoid conflicting with it?

Also, I have a contact who can hand-deliver a written invitation to a
certain Linux contributor who lives in the area and was involved on the
project back in those days.  :-)  If this contributor chooses to attend,
it will be strictly kept low-key.  Don't even mention names.  Got it?
Let me know which SVLUG official wants to write the invitation.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ   PP-ASEL                              sbay.org coordinator
ikluft(at)thunder.sbay.org   http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/      San Jose, CA