[svlug] Re: Possible breakin

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 14 13:14:01 PST 2001

begin David Madison quotation:

> I haven't seen any activity on the box since I replaced ssh2 and
> a good number of the utilities, so I'm beginning to think some tool
> went wonky and started creating this file, so now it's a puzzle to
> try to figure out what might have caused it.

Ja.  The two files you described had not not only very random filenames,
but also seemed quite random in all their other characteristics.

Sometimes, garbage files are just garbage files.

--
Cheers,                                Before enlightenment, caffeine.
Rick Moen                              After enlightenment, caffeine.
rick at linuxmafia.com