[svlug] impromptu mini-installfest

Larry Colen lrclug at red4est.com
Thu Dec 27 00:45:01 PST 2001

I've been helping the son of a friend of my sister with Linux for a
while via email. Chris is in 6th grade and lives near Medford
Oregon. They are in Santa Cruz visiting family for the holidays and on
Friday, we'll be working on various installation projects at my
house in Felton.

I'll also be bundling up various obsolete bits of hardware to send
back to Oregon with him, on the off chance that he can turn them into
functional computers.

If you'd like to join in the fun, or have any parts that you'd like to
donate to the cause (disk drives seem to be the critical factor) drop
me a note at lrc at red4est.com and I'll send you directions, and let you
know what time we expect to get started (likely around noon).

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.