[svlug] keyboards

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Dec 19 10:31:02 PST 2001

begin Karl F. Larsen quotation of Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 06:36:30AM -0700:

> 	Yesterday I took this one apart because the keys were covered by
> human oils and cat fur. Used the vacum to suck out the fur and other stuff
> and then with 409 cleaned each key with care. Put it together and set it
> in the sunlight for 2 hours to dry out.

The key caps on IBM Model M keyboards pop off, and it's easy to
clean just the caps.  Just put a handful of key caps in a cup with
a little dish detergent, let it soak for a couple minutes, rub the
dirt off, rinse with plain water, and dry on a towel before putting
them back on.

Or just buy a black keyboard.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti at zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.