[svlug] TiVo on ethernet?

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Sat Dec 15 17:21:02 PST 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 06:56:27PM -0600, Vince Duperron wrote:
> If I understand the TiVo device correctly, it needs a telephone connection
> to check its license and to download a television schedule.  I do not have a
> telephone line.  I do have high speed internet access and a home network.
> Does TiVo offer an option to connect to ethernet?  Has anybody hacked one
> of these things and made an ethernet device work (the SVLUG part of the
> question).  If so, what did you need to do?

Yes, kits are available online to do so, and the one at my house does
have the conversion and is working fine.

Check http://pvrupgrade.com/
and http://9thtee.com/

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.