[svlug] Re: OFF TOPIC fsck for ext3

Ian MacLure imaclure at seagull.com
Fri Dec 14 08:08:02 PST 2001

>From: Rafael <raffi at ark.linwin.com>
>To: Alexander Udalov <aludal at softhome.net>
>Cc: svlug at svlug.org
>Subject: Re: [svlug] Re: OFF TOPIC fsck for ext3

>On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:44:53PM -0800, Alexander Udalov wrote:
>> Thank you Drew, fsck did the fscking job (or was it actually fsck.ext3?
>> hadn't the clue at the time, to check). Well, fsck-ing was accomplished
>> successfuly only in manual operation, so to speak, and with my
>unprintable
>> curses about some losses of data discovered after the dust settled.
>>
>> But now I'm sure that my HDD was in coma, and soon will be in its last
>coma
>> again. Well, fsck, or not fsck, as they say in Russia, the best remedy
>for
>> dandruff is baldness. Whereas the best remedy for baldness is
>guillotine.
>>
>> Apart from obvious thrift stores, fleamarkets, SurplusComputer.com, does
>> anyone know some good used/liquidation/refurbished/overstock/older
>computer
>> parts stores in Bay Area, to shop for EIDE IBM, or Western Digital 7200
>~10
>> Gig HDD?
>
>Weirdstuff in Sunnyvale or Halted in Santa Clara,

	WierdStuff? Do they still exist?
	I thought they closed years ago.
	Their space across from ((&Frys)-1) became a T-Zone briefly
	Try Disc Drive Depot on Lawrence near ex-Computer Literacy
	( next strip mall back toward ECR ) unless of course they are .gone
	as well.

	IBM

Ian B MacLure                                       Air Transportation
Division
imaclure at seagull.com                          Seagull Technology, Inc.
--- NASA Langley On/Off-site Office:  757-864-1353 / 757-865-3869 -------
http://www.seagull.com                       16400 Lark Avenue
Voice:      408-358-7100                       Los Gatos, CA
Fax:         408-358-7071                       95032-2547