[svlug] Wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo and Linux

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Dec 6 15:42:02 PST 2001

begin Ivan Passos quotation of Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 03:28:44PM -0800:

> I always thought of cordless keyboards/mouses as a hardware
> implementation, in a way that the system (PC desktop) doesn't even know
> it's a cordless device (i.e. it just sees a keyboard and a mouse). You
> just plug the damn thing in, and it Just Works (tm).

The keyboard has to be able to talk to the BIOS, not just the OS.  So
that puts a limit on how incompatible they can make it.  You're probably
safe.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti at zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/