[svlug] Red Hat 6.0 and Linksys USB100TX

Ivan Passos lists at cyclades.com
Thu Dec 6 15:13:02 PST 2001

Hello,

I just got the task to go to a customer tomorrow with a notebook that has
Red Hat 6.0 and Windows (I don't know which) installed, and its Ethernet
interface is a Linksys USB100TX adapter. The Ethernet adaptor doesn't work
in Linux, but I need Linux in this customer, so ...

Could someone give me "quick'n'dirty" hints on how to get this USB adapter
working on Linux? I don't even know whether it's possible or not (actually
I've never used a USB device other than a keyboard, and that was supported
by the BIOS!! :)), so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Later,
Ivan