[svlug] Grub and Linux

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Wed Dec 5 16:12:02 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:45:10AM -0800, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
> While we are on Grub issue:
> I was playing with splash.xpm file but the result was disappointing.  I
> uncompressed it and used Gimp to get the right picture size (resolution)
> then replaced the picture with something else, a cut/paste from another
> picture.  Saved it in xpm format and compressed it. After reboot the
> picture doesn't come up as expected. What's wrong with the process?

I had the same problem and thought it was due to compression level.  I
haven't had time to play with that, and a search on google as well as
a scan of the Gnu grub documentation didn't reveal anything.

--
Drew Bertola  | Send a text message to my pager or cell ...

Linux 10th Anniversary Picnic/BBQ - visit http://linux10.org