[svlug] Last on Red Hat ver 7.2

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Dec 5 13:37:01 PST 2001

	All I can find with the usual testing is that both cdrom's should
be working. But they don't. There is nothing between the kernel and it's
drivers to /dev/scd0 that can be at fault. Since /dev/scd0 is sim linked
to /dev/cdrom then mounting /dev/cdrom should work. It doesn't.

	The result of doing 'dmesg | grep CD on both versions are almost
but not quite the same. Both show that the cdrom's are scsi type via the
kernel driver ide-scsi.

	The only route that looks good at all is to re-load 7.2 with the
HP cd-writer unpluged. The old 6x read only works and the stupid anaconda
setup thing red hat uses should be able to set that up. Then MAYBE I can
convert it to scsi so the burner will work.

	Thanks for all the help. If anyone else on this list is thinking
of loading Red Hat 7.2 I suggest you instead see debian...:-)

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di at arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -
                        http://www.zianet.com/k5di/