[svlug] More CD-Rom info

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Dec 5 12:21:01 PST 2001

	While I'm printing out the ps version of the CDROM HowTo here is
what I learned up to now. With Grub loading the ide-scsi kernel module on
version 7.2 I ran the software 'cdrecord -scandisk' and it found both
cd-rom devices at scsibus0, 0 and 1. So both devices are on the scsibus
and cdrecord can use them.

	Next I looked at what /dev/ has and found that cdrom is linked to
/dev/scd0 but when you try to mount /dev/cdrom I get an error message:

	mount: /dev/cdrom: unknown device

I can't for the life of me see why it doesn't work.

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di at arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -
                        http://www.zianet.com/k5di/