[svlug] Grub and Linux

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Wed Dec 5 10:46:02 PST 2001

While we are on Grub issue:

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 09:23:45AM -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 	Thanks to you all from this list for the info on booting 2 or more
> Linux partitions with lilo. I got 2 messages from the grub-bug people who
> set me straight on what to do with kernel appending. I tried it and it
> works. Here is menu.lst from my new Red Hat version 7.2 system...

> #boot=/dev/hda
> default=0
> timeout=10
> splashimage=(hd0,2)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

I was playing with splash.xpm file but the result was disappointing.  I
uncompressed it and used Gimp to get the right picture size (resolution)
then replaced the picture with something else, a cut/paste from another
picture.  Saved it in xpm format and compressed it. After reboot the
picture doesn't come up as expected. What's wrong with the process?

--
Rafael
# My login password is misspelled name of town 10 km from my birthplace