[svlug] Odd problem with Red Hat 7.2

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Dec 5 10:10:02 PST 2001

	Kind of wish I had bought some help time with this version...As it
comes up after loading neither of my CD-Rom readers work. I don't get a
different error message when I have ide-scsi loaded. And this version
doesn't even have ide-cd loaded in modules. I was planning on linking the
cdrom machines that are /dev/hdd1 and /dev/hdd2 to the linux so I can get
the rest set up. Then work the scsi problem later. But can't get the cdrom
drives to work period!

	I don't know enough about the changes made to the kernel and
perhaps other things in 7.2 that are lots different from 7.1 so I can't
get it to work...:-(

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di at arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -