[svlug] Forman urges agencies to move on PKI and LINUX

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Tue Dec 4 18:01:01 PST 2001

Please see URL:
http://www.gcn.com/cgi-bin/udt/im.display.printable?client.id=gcndaily2&story.id=17556

Partial quote from Mark Forman, associate director for IT and
e-government at the Office of Management and Budge (OMB)...
"We need evolving platforms that will be open-source, such as Linux
platforms."

Ok guys...dip you pen in the ink-well and start writing your
representative and senators urging them to support evolving platforms
that will be open-source, such as Linux platforms.  Remember that the
OMB holds the purse after congress fills it.

With the BadTrans Virus running rampant on the Internet and MilNet
today, I am sure the call for more Linux platforms will come from Mr.
Forman.

Walt